Product Feedback

Welcome to the Ideas @ Rackspace Cloud site! We would love to hear from you, so please submit your ideas and suggestions below!

I suggest you...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. E-mail server logs

In RS email hosting service add an area for admin to access mail server logs. Often our customers ask us to check why an email was not received or was not delivered , and we need a quick way to answer this questions (faster than opening a ticket and describing the problem).

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Rename mailbox

Need a way to rename the username associated with a mailbox. Currently if someone were to say get married and change their last name there is no way for the username to be changed. The only thing that could be done is create a new mailbox with the new username and then import the emails from the other account. Really not a easy and user friendly solution. I know an alias can work for at least receiving email but that doesn't help with the username used to login to the mailbox.

Would be nice if we could make the change…

108 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        9 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this suggestion. The ability to rename a mailbox is indeed a highly requested feature, and we are aware of why it is valuable. You can be sure that we are thinking about the best way to introduce this functionality.

In the meantime, as one commenter pointed out, a solution is to create the new mailbox with the name that you want and then perform a migration from the existing mailbox to the new mailbox.

You can then either set up forwarding for the old mailbox to the new one, or delete it, and create an alias by the same name that points to the new mailbox. This way, anyone sending mail to the old mailbox will still have their mail delivered.

For details on how to do this, please visit our support site at http://www.rackspace.com/apps/support/ and search for “Migrations”.

• Improve the spam handling system

We have a hybrid RSEmail and Exchange system at Rackspace. The spam management is different between the two (no Quarantine Manager for RSEmail) and very poor in general (cannot force delivery of spam, cannot flag spam as ham, etc etc). We'll have to get another external layer (Postini?) as this is a big problem - but we'd love to have this integrated!

79 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          10 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Domain aliases

Please add the ability for direct customers to manage their domain aliases through the control panel instead of creating tickets every time they need to add/remove them.

63 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Enforce user to change thier password when they first time login

I hope there has one feature that could enforce user to change their password when they first time login like window domain. This is helpful to protect user's password and increase company security level.

61 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Domain wide or user level Email Archiving

Email archiving (not bcc) is available at domain level only. It is mostly unnecessary to to archive every email account under a domain. So it should let us enable it only for the email accounts we need.

53 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                under review  ·  TomTom responded

We are currently evaluating this as well as other ideas. This particular instance would require some infrastructure tweaks – some of which are already underway. This is only in the research phase so I unfortunately do not have a definitive answer for you at this moment. Thanks for the idea Faruk – I hope all is well.

-Tom (Racker)

• Update the Email Hosting Documentation

I was looking for Outlook 2010 setup documents to send to a client and couldn't find them. However a tech support representative told me about this page: http://www.rackspace.com/apps/support/portal/941 . It seems like anytime you update the portal page, you should re-render new PDFs since it's the same information. PDFs are convenient to send along to a client via email. It'd be great if they reflected the latest and greatest documentation.

46 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make Standard Rackspace Email Interface Iphone/Ipad Compatible. EASY!

When using the standard webmail interface from an ipad the wysiwyg editor breaks the "Compose" and "Reply" features (2 very important features). It would be great if the Javascript would detect mobile devices and show a regular textarea instead of the wysiwyg. I realize the interface is not meant to be 100% mobile device compatible, but this would at least make it usable. I would direct users to the official mobile version, but it does not support HTML emails so it is not useful at all.

44 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Create a way to see what distribtion lists a user is a member of. Having to check each distribution list for users is a waste of time.

There should be a way to check what distribution list each user is a member of. Currently you have to check every distribution list to see if they are on it. Managing over 100 lists with over 200 users this way is a waste of precious time.

44 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Email Alerts for System Errors

Whenever there is an issue with email that affects our customers, sometimes only one customer will let us know, sometimes many - and we kind of have to investigate on a case-by-case basis.

Why don't admins get email alerts when a technology is down that may affect us? Like, instead of going to the status page to see if something is down - when that page is affected, it would be nice if sending an email were part of the process.

40 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add ability to change number of mailboxes

Add the ability to change the number of billable mailboxes through the control panel to accommodate companies who's mailbox counts vary from month to month. Currently, mailboxes can be added, but not removed via the interface. Removal requires a contact with tech support.

37 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Dynamic Signatures

Allow dynamic signatures on your disclaimer section that allows contact info injection (i.e %DISPLAY NAME% %Telephone%)

37 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow to set starting and ending dates on auto-reply in the Control Panel

When a user logs into their Rackspace account, they can go into Settings - Incoming Email and set up an auto-reply message for a specific time frame. As the Admin, many users ask me to set this up for them. It would be helpful if I can set up the time frame for the auto-reply in the Control Panel - Mailbox Details, so I don't have to log into the user's account.

33 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • when an email account is deleted, it would be nice if it would automatically delete the name out of groups it is associated to.

I would like to be able to create an email account and within that account be able to add to a group list or multiple group lists, instead of having to go to each group to add the person.

30 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Admins can download an archive of a mailbox before they delete it

Provide a means for admins to download an archive of a user's mailbox before it is deleted. The archive should be something simple and generic like a .zip of the mail in mbox format.

27 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Lync 2013

do you have any plans to implement a hosted solution for Microsoft Lync? if you do when do you have this planned for?
                                  i contacted my account manager earlier in the year who mentioned it was being looked in to in the 2nd quarter of this year.. is this likely to happen?

23 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Email & App Control Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Export list of mailboxes and/or domain admins

We would like to be able to export a list of all email addresses for all domains. Also the same for domain admins. This way we could better communicate with our clients. Having view/export to csv would be great.

Even better would be a function built into the CP that would do a mass mail to all users in domain or all users in our account.

16 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul,

There are reports available in the control panel that allow you to export a list of mailboxes for a domain or a list of domains. They are under the Reports section.

You can also email all users on your domain at once by using the Email Everyone features under the Domains Section.

Katherine

• More control over email rules

I would like to see a component for setting up custom rules for individual mailboxes. The main reason behind this is so I can easily setup an auto-responder that will reply only when an email is to the one person with it enabled, and not when an email is sent to an alias they are a member of. I can provide more details if they are needed.

15 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Provide email traffic statistics (inbound, outbound, spam...) per domain and per address

Rackspace Email CP could provide detailed statistics about email traffic over certain timeframe. The reports could include the amount of inbound messages, outbound messages and messages flagged as spam, per domain, per mailbox and per email address (aliases).

14 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Default Settings for adding new domains

I love the amount of settings with the reseller Email apps control panel. I do not however like remembering all of them that I like and want to set for each new domain I add.

For instance, the storage notification, is off by default, I would want that on, and have it email the user and cc me when they are reaching their quota.

So I would really like if I could set what I would want the defaults to be for each new account for all settings, so that when I add a new domain, I know the settings…

14 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

©2014 Rackspace, US Inc. About Rackspace | Fanatical Support® | Hosting Solutions | Investors | Careers | Privacy Statement | Website Terms | Sitemap