I suggest you...

Multiple Control Panel Users Per Account

It would be nice if you could delegate/manage/authorize multiple users in the control panel... like Slicehost.

The idea of one admin user / account sucks. There's no way to collaborate without sharing your admin credentials...

897 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bobbyuserbobbyuser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Limit staff permission to access cloud control panel  ·   · 
    Martin TuronMartin Turon shared a merged idea: Mutliple web console admin users  ·   · 
    YoniYoni shared a merged idea: Multiple logins per account in Cloud Control Panel  ·   · 
    Kit ChengKit Cheng shared a merged idea: Accounts with different roles  ·   · 
    Ajaya KumarAjaya Kumar shared a merged idea: ability to create additional non admin users  ·   · 
    JonJon shared a merged idea: The console to manage your servers to allow multiple users  ·   · 
    Shaun DobbinShaun Dobbin shared a merged idea: secondary/sub acceee/permissions - cloud server  ·   · 
    tntmaxtntmax shared a merged idea: Add users with access to one cloud control panel while admin has access to all cloud in account  ·   · 
    CaseyCasey shared a merged idea: add the ability to have multiple users with different roles per account (sorta like Slicehost had).  ·   · 
    BrianBrian shared a merged idea: User Access - For Programmers  ·   · 
    Daniel Lizio-Katzen (SpaBooker)Daniel Lizio-Katzen (SpaBooker) shared a merged idea: Allow Unique Console Usernames per Account Contact  ·   · 
    tawftawf shared a merged idea: i would like to be able to create more than one admin account on the control panel  ·   · 
    acgannacgann shared a merged idea: Add roles to Cloud Panel to separate billing from admin  ·   · 

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick CGNick CG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new role based user accounts needs a feature so that our accounts dept can log in and get invoices

• loxlieloxlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be *massively* embarrassed that you list as a "new feature": "No more sharing login information"...

• loxlieloxlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The billing role is the most important one! We're just asking for what your old (and vastly better) service had...

• Friendly Friendly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Triple yes - this is the main issues preventing me from using your service. I setup an account and couldn't believe that I couldn't set up different user permissions. So my account sits idle while others have my business.

• CoryCory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for updating the API document, it now explains about multiple API users. Still, multiple control panel users is the key requirement. I don't know many organizations that build their own API tools, particularly when a good control panel exists.

Last update was 9 months ago, any news?

• Patrick ConnollyPatrick Connolly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like this would an awesome opportunity for someone to create a small app hosted on heroku. Since the API allows multi-user access, someone could layer on more fine-grained permissions to allow organizations to dole out less privileged access.

Spent some time trying to discover whether someone has already started a github project for this, but no dice.

Can we get a timeline on this functionality so that I know whether it's worth investing my time in a custom solution?

• MarcusMarcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to say I am very surprised that this feature is not available! This exposes customers to allot of risk.

• Jeremy L. BollsJeremy L. Bolls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To move from small cloud based hosting to this and not to be able to have the security of roles/permissioning is unbelievable. This needs to be a top priority, it's a security concern at so many levels!

• Michael Scott ShappeMichael Scott Shappe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that I was forced to move from Slicehost (which had this feature) to Rackspace before this was implemented is criminal.

• Dave MurrayDave Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need a billing login that only has access to the invoices. Every month I have to log in, download the invoice and forward it to our finance dept. With all our other suppliers the finance dept can get the invoice themselves but there is no way I'm giving the 17yo girl in finance the login details to our cloud account in case she deletes the servers or worse!

• John LarsenJohn Larsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The Cloud Hosting Control Panel needs to allow for multiple administrators with varying levels of account access. Some sort of ACL is absolutely required from a compliance perspective. I would add there should also be logging of activity so one can see who is doing what from within the control panel.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

©2014 Rackspace, US Inc. About Rackspace | Fanatical Support® | Hosting Solutions | Investors | Careers | Privacy Statement | Website Terms | Sitemap