or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@acgann I believe it's OR at this time. Very few (if any) low cost CDNs provide SSL AND CNAMES. GoGrid charges $600/month with a $600 setup fee for that type of service (on top of your usage charges), limelight is $300/month with a $1k - $3k setup fee (also in addition to usage). Cloudfront is OR as well. If you need AND, look to the other providers.

• acgannacgann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, so cnames AND ssl....OR....cnames OR ssl? This matters kids....no ssl with cnames and it's basically worthless to us.

• David OvercashDavid Overcash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance you'll support CNAME bandwidth reporting? It's pretty standard for most CDNs, and I have a feeling you could just proxy the APIs provided by Akamai.

• Chris GarverChris Garver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're now in Q2. When can we expect this? It will impact the launch of a product we're developing...

• bus benchbus bench commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting... it'd be nice to have a schedule so we could know when to expect CNAME functionality to come rolling in.

• Brian GallagherBrian Gallagher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't help with the first two, but I just set up my FixSSL.com service here on my Cloud Sites server (just launched it this week) that will let you do the SSL portion.

• DenouncerDenouncer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Q2? So hopefully by June this year? I see this "feature" has been on the request list for months now already. Odd that something so important would be put on hold for so long. Oh, well, Amazon it is then.

• JAARSJAARS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like MediaTemple just launched their ProCDN service. It's a little more expensive for smaller sites (flat $20/mo. fee for 200GB of bandwidth), but they offer CNAMES out of the gate. Might be worth a look.

• kelly XRkelly XR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

without cname support we can't use the rackspace cdn. we'd like to. we like rackspace and have our physical servers here. but we're connecting them to amazon s3 right now. I have two sites which are growing and we'd like to use the rackspace cdn for them instead. but if this goes past jan 31, 2011. we will support their increased traffic by using amazon instead. Rackspace seems to really be snoozing on this feature.

Get on the ball rackers! Your income will increase if you make this work. Cause a lot of us would rather use you. your support is great. but your technical limitations (seems odd to say that in connection with rackspace) are holding you back .. and your customers back.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stephen - if it was that easy do you think we'd all be on here bleating? :) Try it yourself, it doesn't work. Rackspace checks the referral cname:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 Bad Request
        03:57:51 ERROR 400: Bad Request.

• John LeBlancJohn LeBlanc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We are working very hard to bring this feature to market for you."

Perhaps an engineer could take 2 minutes to write a quick blog post explaining why this is so difficult to implement?

Even though many competitors have already solved this, Rackspace customers might be more patient if we had any insight into the technical issues at hand.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

©2014 Rackspace, US Inc. About Rackspace | Fanatical Support® | Hosting Solutions | Investors | Careers | Privacy Statement | Website Terms | Sitemap